Credit.org is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide consumers with the financial education and debt relief options needed to ensure they are on the right path to financial freedom. Since their founding in 1974, they’ve helped strengthen and improve the lives and financial well-being of individuals and families through their counseling and coaching services.
In addition to their online hub of finance education and learning resources, Credit.org offers confidential and professional credit counseling, debt management services, bankruptcy education, housing counseling, in-person seminars and online personal finance education.VISIT CREDIT.ORG SITE
Aside from the expansive financial education courses and resources found on their website, Credit.org offers housing counseling services, bankruptcy education, credit counseling and debt management programs. All services are professional and confidential, with certified financial coaches offering personalized guidance and free consultations.
Credit.org provides and connects their clients with the following services:
- Personal finance classes
- Educational articles
- Credit, debt and home buyer coaching
- Debt management plans
- Debt relief
- Foreclosure help and mortgage assistance
- Budgeting tools and calculators
- Financial webinars
Credit.org receives funding through donations and grants, allowing them to provide many services, like financial education, budgeting help and counseling sessions for free. Other services are offered in exchange for a nominal fee, but Credit.org may reduce or waive these fees for their clients depending on their particular financial hardships.
In addition to their 40+ years of experience, Credit.org has many noteworthy credentials:
- Better Business Bureau Accreditation since 1983
- HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency
- Member of National Foundation for Credit Counseling
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
Credit.org also has a strong code of ethics and detailed client bill of rights, both of which can be found on their website. By the numbers, Credit.org reports a 98% satisfied client rating with more than 5.2 million financial coaching sessions completed.
According to the Better Business Bureau, Credit.org has received one complaint that was closed within the last three years. On average, their clients appear to be extremely satisfied, leaving numerous five-star reviews both on their website and their BBB profile.
Credit.org’s educational materials, including webinars, articles and financial planning tools, are free to access on their website regardless of a client’s physical location. They offer personalized services to all fifty states, but fees for some of their services may vary depending on the client’s state of residence.
- Free consultations
- Extensive library of free educational materials, webinars and financial tools
- Confidential and professional credit counseling services, debt management services, bankruptcy education and housing counseling services
- Resources for first-time home buyers, foreclosure help and mortgage assistance, filing for bankruptcy and more
- Can offer fee waivers for certain services depending on client hardship